Enjoying our first trip to Lake Martinez, AZ "the river". Good times! Finding our new normal.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 7: Can it really be day 7?

In true Jeff fashion, it seems he is flirting with his ladies - he squeezed both Amanda and Mom's hands today. Amanda even got a wink-wink. :)

Unfortunately, his fever spiked today, but the pain meds are doing a good job of keeping him calm. Sounds like they finally took our advice. I'm guessing the nurse would say he is a better patient today.

For those of you who don't know, Jeff's alter ego is a gossiping girl. It's only appropriate that Amanda and mom would turn on some of his favorite smut today. The line up includes: Judge Judy and wait for it...the Bachelor.

We're still looking at some time on the ventilator, so hopefully he will let it do the work and get some serious rest while he watches his shows.

Another helper is on her way - Amanda's mom is arriving on Thursday to be at their sides and take care of her baby girl. Safe travels, mom!

3 comments:

  1. My name is Shannon, I am friends with Dave and Rhonda, and saw her post asking for prayers. I have spent several weeks in that very ICU with a family member and want you to know you are in FABULOUS hands! The Dr.'s and nurses there are AMAZING!! I wish and pray for Jeff to have a speedy recovery. I also pray for strength for you and your wonderful support system. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad he has started flirting again, now I know his progress is improving. I will continue to pray for Jeff's speedy recovery and for you, Amanda, to take care of yourself and remember caregivers need a break too...Take it from me after the last few years of being by Doug's side and going thru everything with him kind of lost myself....So please take time to breath and rejuvenate yourself and also to Joan....God Bless from the Steffens family....lots of love, hugs, prayers, and warm thoughts to you and everyone who is helping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, I know you have it in you to keep fighting and get through this. Stay strong and know that we are all here with you cheering you on! Much love and support.

    Cast member: Andrew Hippert

    ReplyDelete